Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.30
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rule Change and Stakes Schedule Notes
    Posted: 15 Jan 2011 at 11:45am

I'm done with the stakes schedule.  The new stakes schedule should be posted Sunday during the update.  A few notes:

I fixed a lot of the dates of the major races, but some are likely still off.  If you see one that needs fixing, I'll definitely consider it if it's out far enough.

I have downgraded some of the graded stakes, and eliminated some altogether.  I will likely do something similar next year.  Although the goal is to simulate real horse racing, we're not large enough fill the stakes races completely, so removing some stakes made sense.  I also reworked the "local stakes" a bit, so you should see fewer gaps between the most typical races types.

Finally, after much consideration, I have decided to implement a couple of rule changes.

Beginning on 3/3/2010, a horse must have 28 days between races if he is traveling to an overseas division.   More over, beginning on 4/23/2010, a horse that has traveled to an overseas division must have a total of 13 weeks between the race in the previous division and the one you want to enter (although he is allowed to race in the division it is currently located).

Example:

Let's say I have a horse that last raced in Kentucky and I want to race him on 4/23/2011 in Sweden.  To be accepted, his last race cannot have been later than 3/26/2011.

Continuing with this example, let's further say his previous race was on 3/26/2011, and he is allowed to travel and race in Sweden on 4/23/2011.  He cannot race in the United States division again until 6/25/2011 (13 weeks since his last US race), although he is allowed to race in the EAAA division during this time.  He is still restricted by the 28 day rule meaning that, if I want him to race on 6/25/2011 in the United States, he can have raced no more recently than 5/28/2011 in the EAAA division.

I think most people would agree that some sort of change to the travel rules is long overdue.  These rules should help with the overall realism of the game.

Thanks!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 15 Jan 2011 at 11:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply