Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 168.40
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Notes, thanks, and a holiday special!
    Posted: 25 Nov 2013 at 12:37pm
Hey guys!  Just a few quick updates...

Sledge4, Squirrel, and I are in the home stretch of polishing off the new Black Type Bugler.  Our primary hurdle involves speed : it's a bit slow at the moment.   Sledge4 is working diligently behind the scenes to troubleshoot things, and we're hoping that we'll get the new version released by very soon!

I have created a formula to determine this year's Eclipse awards. Don't worry..  I have a couple of advisers I am bouncing the results off of.   I am unlikely to release the formula publicly until the end of the year since most of the racing this year was done without it.   For the record : The formula does rate different races differently, so not every G1 is equivalent.   If you feel like you deserve an award but are concerned that it's going to be close, the best advice I can give you is to keep racing. 

Now, some good stuff - Holiday reflections and a holiday special!

As most of you know, I'm just one guy with a family and (often times) a real-job.   I write the code.. I run the servers.. I answer the e-mails..  It makes for slow updates at times, but it allows me to be connected into this game at a very unique level that I don't take for granted.   As such, I felt it important to once again say : Thank You!   What you guys have helped to create over the last 15+ years is something no amount of money or hubris can ever help any game achieve: you've helped build a top-notch community.  

As such, I wanted to spread some sweet holiday cheer!  Between now and the end of the year, all sire/dam-sire shares that would have been priced at 125 or below on the site will be sliced in half (points AND credits).   This will also hold true for any dam's-dam-sire shares that would have been priced at 75 or less.  (Update - the 10 point minimum for all shares is still in effect.. if you bought a share thinking it would be under 10, I am refunding you those credits/points...  sorry for the early confusion). The price of the shares is already reflected on the site (so if you see a sire that costs 50 now, he would have cost 100 before this bonus).  This will NOT affect the auto-bid prices, so you gotta be online and grabbing to get the break!

Happy holidays!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 25 Nov 2013 at 1:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply