Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 167.90
  Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 Movers and Shakers
    Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 3:54pm
Hey Folks!

Year end is upon us, so you know what that means – new sires and sire reratings!

Some top new sires (alphabetical order) –

American Paharoah – No surprise here.   Hard not to start him right up with my first year Frankel rating.  I can’t start him rated up with the game’s elite.. he has to earn that.  But if his sales figures are excellent and he performs as expected, he has a lot going for him.   Have to love his sire line.. dam sire line a little more suspect, but I’m not going to hold that against him just yet.  Classic dirt horse.

Epiphaneia – Well bred Japanese stallion with some nice victories; best of their incoming crop IMO. Long distance turfer.

Gleaneagles – Silly good breeding, performed on the track, and well thought of.  Performancewise the look of a turf long sprinter/miler, but pedigree may get him a bit more distance depending on breedings.

Golden Horn – really classy horse that can run a variety of distances on the turf.    

Muhaarar – turf sprinting sort.. and I do mean spriting, which is interesting with Linamix in the pedigree.   

Upgrades –

Dark Angel - a previously unassuming sort that has proven to be a very nice stallion

Pioneerof thenile - keeps making leaps and bounds up the sire list.  hard to argue with his results.

Scat Daddy - Not standing next year due to his shocking passing, but a necessary upgrade.  

Uncle Mo - Is performing in the shed like people thought he should have on the track.  Very promising start.

Variety Club - Probably didn't rate him high enough last year.. still trying to come to get my hands around the South African product (Thanks to Marc for keeping me honest).

Zoffany - Not Frankel, but not bad.  Producing at a nice level.

Downgrades -

Arch - was overrated in the game.. that's just the way it is.  This year's Ghostzapper; he may end up making another move back to my previous rating eventually, but he had to come down some... which brings me back to...

Gold Allure - nice japanese sire, but not as nice as I made him out to be

Macho Uno - Solid but (overall) unspectacular stallion; a bit too good in the game in the past.

Mineshaft - good, but probably overrated in the game for a while now.

Rip Van Winkle - Must spend more time sleeping than breeding; wreaks of bust at this point.

Tiznow - Progeny not performing as well in IRL as they used to.  For other horses to go up, some must come down.

Good luck!

--Mike

Edited by administrator - 30 Dec 2015 at 3:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply