eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > The Backside
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Maiden Hot Races vs Standard Hot Races

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beerkeg View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 1.80
  Quote beerkeg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 12:54am
Instead of creating a new post I figured I'd just add on...

Male vs Female Horse Question

Is there a downside to running fillies with the colts? From my experience (and looking at the top SP figures) it looks like the main difference between the genders is that the average and top SP for the males is a little higher.

If I'm just trying to run a few to test their distance preference and SP range/potential, I don't see a reason to split them up (until their chasing stakes races and that 3-4 SP can be the difference between being a graded champ and only pulling down top 5's.
mtk76 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 25.70
  Quote mtk76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 6:26am
For a maiden experiment or hot racing I think it is fine to keep them mixed.

One you have found the talent you are looking for I would keep them separated in bid allowances and on.. 2 yos the fillies probably can stay competitive longer but why risk it.
No real data behind it just observations and hunches.
kyogle View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

MBP : 308.60
  Quote kyogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 2:56pm
I've always been a fan of running fillies against the males. It provides more options on the way up the ladder and success delivers double the stakes points.

I've done no research, but I've found that some can handle it and some can't. I've had impressive girls who run consistently against females, but flop when I 'promote' them to open company. As they only get a couple of chances, that may be just bad timing on my part, but I don't think so. I have had G1 success with females in open company, so I figure it's worth a try

To quote a sim guru. What's she gonna do. Die?
dkyoung View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 10.10
  Quote dkyoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 11:50pm
I did this with a bunch of 2yo's last season bred with sire cards, would put up to 8 in a hot races .what I didn't like is that hot races count as official races.Id much rather have a HOT TRIAL option that shows up in Past Performances but is not recorded as an official race.A hot trial option would see me buying a lot of hot races and using them to try out all my homebreds.
bkrmaidens View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.10
  Quote bkrmaidens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by dkyoung

I did this with a bunch of 2yo's last season bred with sire cards, would put up to 8 in a hot races .what I didn't like is that hot races count as official races.Id much rather have a HOT TRIAL option that shows up in Past Performances but is not recorded as an official race.A hot trial option would see me buying a lot of hot races and using them to try out all my homebreds.

2nd this idea!

Maybe even have them not impact form, and have horses fire as if their sharp.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12