eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > Tools Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Linux Users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
shilohfire View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 2.60
  Quote shilohfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Linux Users
    Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 6:49pm
Anyone running linux able to find alternatives for the flash and unity? Specifically I'm on Trisquel 8.0, so no proprietary software.

I have tried Gnash, Lightspark and a generic flash alternative through firefox to run the flash for the chat. None have worked. No big deal, I don't really have to use the chat anyway.

But I can't watch the 3D races without Unity. Is there an alternative that anyone knows about? I haven't really jumped in to researching this yet, thought I'd save myself hours of digging if someone has already found a solution.

I know I could use WINE and run software meant for the Windows OS, but I'd rather not.
denovo View Drop Down
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

MBP : 71.20
  Quote denovo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 1:42am
I'm afraid probably not for the 3D viewer.  Pipelight was supposed to be able to get Windows NPAPI plugins working, but you'd still need a suitable browser that also allowed them (Midori ??) -- but you probably know all that.

Doesn't Adobe provide Flash for Linux ?

Good luck anyway !!
========================================================
SimDosage, Sirelists, Raceout Archive and more from my page or here
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Quote shilohfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 11:50pm
Thanks for the input.

This computer is my experiment so to say, LibreBoot, Trisquel and all software on here are freeware. So while there is a flash made by Adobe for Linux, it won't work on this distribution. I do have alternatives to flash that work in other instances, just they're not working for this chatroom.

I'll look into the Pipelight stuff, I've heard of it, but don't know a lot there. Really I've never run into any issues other than this game where I was unable to find an alternative version of something.

I have other computers I can use if I really feel I'm missing out, this one is just my favorite. lol
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

Quote shilohfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 11:16pm
Hahaha, I just realized what Pipelight is. I don't know why it wasn't clicking the other day. I do have wine, guess I can install pipelight too and see if that works.
 Post Reply Post Reply