eHorseracing.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > eHorseracing.com Powered Horse Racing Boards > New Players Help Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Stable Reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
knightmare View Drop Down
Triple Crown Winner
Triple Crown Winner

Online Status: Offline
MBP : 77.30
  Quote knightmare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stable Reviews
    Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Delta Tiger

he stable review has been a keystone of the New Players' Board since before it was called the New Players' Board. We're proud to keep that tradition going here, and welcome those who wish to contribute or to request a stable review.

What is a stable review?

When a player requests a stable review, another player will look through their stable and give their opinions on the stable and horses in it - distance, surface, and level of race they are suited for, which horses to keep and which to get rid of, how frequently the horses should be raced or rested, and anything else that reviewer feels would be helpful.

Who can ask for a stable review?

Anyone. But reviews are most helpful to new players who are just learning the game, or those who are having trouble figuring it out.

When Requesting a Review:

Please request only one review per thread. That makes it easier to keep track of which reviews have been done, and which haven't.

When posting a request, please post under the name of the stable and include it in the thread. This makes it easier to look up the stable.

If you want to request multiple reviews, you can do so, but please limit your requests to 3 at a time. When those first 3 have been done, you can post more requests if you wish.

Please don't post multiple threads requesting a review for the same stable!

Be patient! Doing a stable review can takes time, so you may have to wait for a couple of days until a player has the time to devote to it. Remember that there is no compensation for doing them, and players who review stables are just being nice.

Who can do a stable review?

Anyone who wants to, who has the time, and feels they have the knowledge can do a stable review. You don't need to get anyone's permission first. If you decide to respond to a review request, please post a brief "I'll do this one" message in the thread.

abovepar View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote abovepar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 10:37am
I would like a stable review! Just started this weekend and have entered my horses in races, picked jockeys and all are "pending". Whe will I officially show as entered in a race?
Thanks for the assistance.

gcliffo View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 39.90
  Quote gcliffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 4:14pm
gcliffo will do abovepar. Sent to your inbox. I will also supply you with a set of racing silks,I have 50 sets already made or I can make to your design, details will also be in your inbox. Welcome and good luck
G1 - 5
G2 - 28
G3 - 38
284 Stakes wins
Started 06/2013
lightng99 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 3.90
  Quote lightng99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2015 at 7:07pm
lbcstables View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 2.10
  Quote lbcstables Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2015 at 11:02pm
I'd like a stable review as well! I've just started and may have retired some horses I shouldn't have and spent some money at the auction and claim box that was unwise. But I have a couple wins and a couple horses I'm proud of. I also have a couple I have no idea what to do with. Thanks!
capecod5 View Drop Down
Maiden
Maiden

MBP : 0.00
  Quote capecod5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 5:25pm
Does this still exist? Would like one, if so?
jb3commish View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 9.30
  Quote jb3commish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 10:03am
PLEASE HELP ME

I can not figure out how to do anything in this game
graywolf6 View Drop Down
Allowance Runner
Allowance Runner

MBP : 1.30
  Quote graywolf6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2018 at 2:01pm
What do you need help on? Jb?
jb3commish View Drop Down
Stakes Winner
Stakes Winner

MBP : 9.30
  Quote jb3commish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Graywolf

Just wondering about the horse setiings for the races

Should you go with the auto setting or manually set the horse

Early speed and effort what exactly do the mean and how do I use it to help my horses win races

Thanks for any help you can give a new sim player

ric480 View Drop Down
Grade Winner
Grade Winner

MBP : 4.60
  Quote ric480 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2018 at 4:46pm
Go with the auto jockey setting until you've seen a race or two. You may want to adjust the early speed setting if, say the horse shows good early speed but tires late in the race. 

The effort setting only affects the horse when in a losing position.  Essentially,  how much you want the jockey to persevere with a beaten horse. If the horse any chance to win,  it will exert 100% effort.   
G3 winner Lemons Again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>